Traditional Italian Strascinati Pasta , Shrimp and Broccoli Rabe
- 1 Lb Strascinati Pasta or substitute a GF pasta to make it gluten-free
- 1 Lb Broccoli rabe
- 1 Lb Shrimp
- 4 Fillets anchovies, chopped
- 5 Cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- Clean and wash the broccoli rabe. Cut them in small pieces and set aside.
- In a saute pan, add 2 Tbps of olive oil, let it get hot and add the shrimp. Let them sear on both sides. Set aside.
- In the same pan, don not clean it, add 4 Tbsp of olive oil and the garlic. Let the garlic turn golden and add the anchovies. Add pepperoncino as desired.
- Let the anchovies melt and add the broccoli rabe. Toss them for a few minutes, cover them and let them cook for 20 minutes at medium flame.
- Start cooking the Strascinati pasta in salted water.
- Check on the broccoli rabe. If they get dry, add some pasta water.
- After the broccoli rabe have cooked for 20 minutes add the shrimp. Mix and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the Strascinate and toss for 2 minutes.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and it serves. (4)
Just in case you are not familiar with what broccoli rabe is, we’ve included a photo below! It is very, very healthy and good for you!
- See more at: http://cookingwithnonna.com/italian-cuisine/strascinati-shrimp-and-broccoli-rabe